Training!


22nd Feb 2018


Out on Longstone Edge this morning, one of my favourite lanes.  Lovely morning but bitingly cold cycling home into an easterly headwind.  

I've been way down on normal mileage this winter owing to other priorities so need to up the fitness level and lose a few pounds.  Like all cyclists I can bore for Britain talking about training regimes, thresholds and zones.  Top priority for me is to enjoy my rides, which means I won't need too much will power to get out and ride.  It's not difficult to enjoy riding in the Peak District so long as you make sure to look around and enjoy the view!  On the trip itself I'm planning to ride around 80 miles daily for 5 days a week so I need to build up some endurance.  Weather permitting I'll be doing a mixture high intensity short rides and longer "sweet spot" rides which roughly means riding a bit out of puff but not gasping.  Unless the weather warms up I won't be doing many 80 mile slogs especially since faster, harder rides will probably be more beneficial.

Hopefully I'll soon be fit enough to get back out with the Bowser Bullets on the Saturday morning Sparrowfart ride.

Any top training suggestions are more than welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 67 - Rain, wind, hail and sunshine all at the same time

Day 75 - Repvag, feels like the world's end

Day 62 - Across the Arctic Circle! Tortenkota