Day 12 - A Dodgy Achilles and Life Aboard Ivan



11th April 2018

Woke up with a sore right ankle today, mild achilles tendonitis.  It's been niggling for a little while.  The treatment is basically to rest, fat chance!  So it's been a case of reducing intensity of excercise.  Today I've attempted to do this by relaxing my right leg whilst pedalling like fury with my left.  In so doing I think I have developed my own unique style of riding but don't think it will catch on.  Never mind, I managed 78 miles and the ankle isn't too bad tonight.

It was a bit of a humdrum ride so we thought we would show a little about life on the road with Ivan.  We have an app which gives us possible places to stay over night, ranging from inner city car parks to up market campsites.  Although the app includes user reviews we are never quite sure what we have let ourselves in for.  So far we have stayed in a mixture of "campervan stops" and camp sites.Tonight we at Camping Fuentes Blancas in Burgos enjoying a nice sunset.




Ivan is what is known as a panel van conversion, basically a van which has been fitted out inside to provide living accommodation.  We are very comfortable and he is a proper home from home


Comments

  1. Hope the tendon it is settles soon & Jackie's shingles is improving. Looks a fab trip so far x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. I think I'll sort it with my new quirky riding style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not jealous at all honest :). I hope the ankle holds up :)

    Regards

    Kevin (SGL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, the ankle is doing well, not gone away completely but ok

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 67 - Rain, wind, hail and sunshine all at the same time

Day 75 - Repvag, feels like the world's end

Day 62 - Across the Arctic Circle! Tortenkota